Whenever possible, I take pains to document my processes when it comes to achieving this or that objective, and then, as convenient, I try to prepare them down into a guide, as a means to digest them. For a while I was doing this on the blog section of the website, but I figured it would be easier if they could all be found in one place. This, then, must be that place.
The following is a list of the currently available guides, in the order of original publication:
- PC/Laptop Onboarding Guide - Get started with a new machine safely.
- Simple Web Development Setup - A simple apache setup for working with SSI in web design.
- Using a Modern Yubikey as an Open PGP Smart Card - Quick overview of the salient points of using a YubiKey NEO or 4 as a Smart Card to get all the benefits of a secure keystore accordingly.
- RaspPi Auto-Enumerator Part 1: Designing a System - An overview of the preliminary stage of designing a system, as exemplified by project to create a set-and-forget enumerator for HackTheBox.
- RaspPi Auto-Enumerator Part 2: First-Blush Implementation - Hacking together a very basic, not-at-all optimized version of the system we described in the previous guide.
- BSides YFC 2018 Talk: "OPSEC for Freelancers" - My first talk in years, and first security talk. It came out alright considering how nervous I was. I cover some basic operational security concerns for people working in the gig economy.
- Network Security Concepts for Home Users - We're all nervous these days, on the internet. Faced with the threat of automated attacks like banking trojans, mass-phishing, and ransomeware, even a regular home user can defend themselves.
- Setting Up a Household VPN with Free Software - For the average user, paying for a VPN host is an unnecessary expense form a security perspective. This guide details a simple setup so that you can use public WiFi in a position of privacy without adding to your tech budget.